St George’s Cathedral is looking to recruit a dynamic and experienced Administrator with events management experience to join our team and play a key role in organizing and overseeing a wide range of events within the Cathedral, Amigo Hall and Archbishop’s House. This is a full-time role which will include evening and weekend work.
This is varied role which will include:
- managing the events booking system, forward planning regular events
- co-ordinating the planning and execution of events and post event evaluation
- ensuring events are properly budgeted for and clients invoiced as necessary
- creating and producing all hardcopy and electronic promotional materials for events and activities, as well as social media and website content
- developing and managing an effective team of volunteers to assist with various aspects of Cathedral events and activities, including the Sacristy
- ensuring all health and safety and other compliance requirements are met
- undertaking other ad hoc projects as required
The ideal candidate will be degree educated (or equivalent) and have a good working knowledge of a Catholic parish and Cathedral. They will be an experienced administrator with some experience of events co-ordination and have at least 3 years’ experience of people management (staff and/or volunteers). Excellent IT skills are essential, including in Excel, social media, websites and specific event software such as Jotform, Eventbrite or Weezevent. Proven communication skills are also essential both written (eg promotional material, website content, etc) and verbal (eg effective liaison with a wide range of clergy, senior management, professionals, parishioners and the general public). Knowledge of financial procedures and budgeting, event compliance regulations (eg health & safety), adaptability and the ability to manage many things at once will also be required.
Starting salary £32,000.00 - £34,000.00 depending on skills and experience. If you would like to apply for this job please send your CV to HR@rcaos.org.uk by the closing date of 26th January 2024.